Monday, April 13, 2009

Jason Miller, The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Well, I may be going slightly over the top with that headline but I must say, I had an f---ing blast. I spent too much money and I slept (not too much) on an air mattress but, as RO would say, it was totally worth it.

I have known a few adepts in my day. Naturally, I'm partial to my mentor, whom I hold in very high regard. I know of two others that feel like him. My Gal's mentor and Jason. His vibe was my first clue that this was going to be a good weekend. I knew I'd learn from this man. Partially, because I made sure I'd learn in advance by creating thought form to ensure that I would hear what I needed to hear. That may have created my perception of his vibe. He may have felt like that anyways. There is no way for me to tell.

There is so much to talk about that I'm going to have to break it up in several posts. There are advantages to having the guest of honor in one's home. I had the opportunity to pick his brain more than others. Here is a brief list of topics that I will be covering in this space. I will discuss, in part, how Jason's presentation on these topics struck me. More importantly, I plan on doing the magick. Posts will be appropriately flagged should the topic be of interest.
  • The links to other people buried within me
  • Maintaining multiple specific altars
  • Using the full scope of the system you're working
  • Meditation in general and a specific meditation
  • The eminent versus the transcendent
  • Communications and observation
  • First the Working and then the work
  • holistic approach to magick
  • dressing candles
  • self-creation
  • Pan and my path
There is a lot more as well. This is as much as I can think of off the top of a very tired head. 

I will say that if you ever have a chance to learn from Jason, do so. Learn about thaumaturgy. Learn about theurgy.  Are you getting the impression that I was impressed? Jason is very well versed on a wide variety of topics. That comes across on his blog but nothing like speaking with him in person. I may never see Jason again but time will tell if he makes my list of 'most influential' mages in my life. Right now that list is, my mentor, DuQuette, Webster and a cast of thousands.

The advice he gave me has given me hope in getting out of a rut and solving some very serious internal issues, not to mention dealing with a god that has been in play of late. More important that all that, Jason is just a good man and a good sport. I worked him to death. Yet, he maintained such a positive friendly attitude. The man is a class act, plain and simple.

I do not use the R word often. Mostly because I am a cantankerous old fool with less compassion than a mad wolverine. However, Jason has earned my respect. I will make him the promise that I have made all those that have initiated me. When I am ready, I will do the same for others.

Thank you Jason.




No comments: