Monday, December 1, 2008

Breaking the Rules

I don't do loose magick. By loose magick, I mean doing things on a whim or participating in a public circle to do something (any excuse for a public ritual seems to be o.k.) that I do not fully understand. I think about my magick. I make sure it is something I really want. Then, I execute.

I don't 'help' other people much. Helping is often simply giving energy to the positive end of the wheel. Wheels turn. From a certain cynical point of view, this can be seen as a pointless exercise.

I don't do a lot of healings. I used to be a pretty good human aspirin. If you didn't want some over the counter medication, I was your man. After some traumatic events, I stopped doing such things -- my confidence gone.

Today, I learned a work friend's husband had been in a serious auto accident over the weekend. He'll live but I was told it was 'bad' and foot surgery was in the offing. Given that my father lost his foot, I may have some extra sympathy on this one. I offered her my support and asked her if she minded if I prayed or did some weird religious ritual. She said she fully supported weird religious rituals but did so in a joking sort of way. Did I mention that I don't usually do things without direct permission from the target?

I started out an energy model kind of guy. Though, I now think spirits are usually more effective. Well, here's to revisiting the past.

I normally have some sort of link when I effect others. I don't even know this fellow's name. I'm sure I've heard it at some point but I have no recollection.

Tonight, I did something simple. I did an LBRP, BRH and Middle Pillar x 4. Only this time, the spheres were created over a pinch of frankincense with prayers for her husband's healing.

I broke a lot of my rules tonight but one, acting in love for those one does not know. He will never know what transpired tonight.

2 comments:

yuzuru said...

Hi, "middle pillar x4" means that you did the ritual four times ?

Robert said...

Sorry that is my short hand for personal notes creeping in. The X 4 means that I vibrated the name(s) of each sphere four times. I try to make the vibrations a number that corresponds with what I am doing. In this case, the expansive healing capabilities of Chesed.

Why not invoke Chesed forces then? Good question. Sometimes I feel the need to go that far. Sometimes I don't.