Saturday, December 6, 2008

More Populus

I am recording the fact that I keep seeing reflections of my post on Populus in news articles. I am not sure if that means I 'got the point' and therefor I see reflections or if the universe is telling me I missed it.

This is from a CCN article, They Killed Their Neighbors.

"Perpetrators don't want to be seen as weak, and in a mob mentality, individual guilt seems to disappear.

"People will do almost anything in a group and will do anything not to be rejected," said psychologist Philip Zimbardo, a professor emeritus at Stanford and famous for his 1971 Stanford Prison Experiment, which divided student volunteers into "prisoners" and "guards" and showed how easily people could be induced to commit sadistic acts.

"They give up a sense of personal accountability and diffuse responsibility to the leader."

No comments: