Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weight and Conversation

Weighty Issue

A few days after my first contact with my HGA he told me that it was absolutely necessary that I lose weight. I ignored it. Since then the pressure has been building. He's told me that my extra weight affects me psychologically in ways that that I don't understand.

It recently occurred to me that I do have experience with this. In my younger days, I lifted a lot of weights. It was the only time in my life that I woke up happy and content. I smiled a lot then. Though, I was also not too humble. So, it would appear that one's body does effect one's mind. Since my work has shown me that if I clean up one aspect of myself other parts change, I will have to concur with my HGA.

At any rate, I am amazed that my HGA cares about an my extra forty to fifty pounds. Though I am not amazed that he does care about my psychological state.

Yesterday, I signed up for Weight Watchers. I blog just to blog. This time, I am hoping the blog helps me do this as I simply do not want to post that I tried this and it didn't work.

Conversation

Last night, I have a very long conversation with someone about something. It is being recorded here only as a marker. If this was a private diary, I'd be writing way. Given that it is public, I am cautious about posting conversations with others. I don't want people to feel they have to watch what they say for fear of it winding up in this space.

No comments: