Saturday, May 24, 2008

On the 30th Path (Lucid Dream)

I haven't slept well of late due to medications. I feel asleep on the couch at seven and transfered to the bed about midnight. I remembered this upon waking at seven in the morning. I had made no effort to lucid dream as I fell asleep.

Lucid dreaming occurred last night in the most unusual fashion. I do not remember the sensation I feel when I travel astrally but I the dream definitely occurred in the 'other'. I was in what I can only describe as a qabalistic or magickal university. Those that have been to the DeYoung in San Francisco would understand the feel of the sprawling buildings.
The dream began during a lecture on the stars as they applied to astrology. Constellations were the focus. Seating consisted of theater style chairs and stairs maybe four rows deep but the lecture hall was very long. A moving starlight sky was easily seen with out looking much up. The screen they moved upon looked much like an observatory show but the dome was only slightly raised before you instead of over your head.
There was a fellow sitting next to me that said if I shook his hand, we could merge minds. I declined, due to my cautious nature and that I knew this fellow wasn't quite human. My gentle refusal made him sad. Looking back, I should have done it. Part of me says this may have been Bune again but I can't say for sure. I will ask my HGA about this dream.
Once the class ended, I patted the professor on the back and complimented the lecture. He returned the pleasantry. I moved on to another room as I thought I wanted to learn of fire but no class was occurring. As I turned from that venue, I wondered into a common area. There were many people sitting, eating and chatting.
During this entire dream I was as lucid as I am now. At one point, I turned to my gal and said, "This is incredible. I've been in this same lucid dream for hours." In fact, it seemed like I could not escape it. From time to time, sexy women would appear. If I fell to their charms, I'd drop out of the dream, they'd disappear and then I'd float back into the dream. There was a definite lesson there in avoiding sensuality on the astral. I've read the warning several times but this time, I've experienced the distraction.
I have no idea what specifics I learned in the class but I feel they are still with me.
I feel I was on the 30th path of the Tree of Life, also known as the Collecting Intelligence. I leave that to the reader to research on his or her own should the mood strike.

No comments: