Thursday, July 10, 2008

Writing Conundrum

I read the first six chapters of Her-Bak today. A tale of a young boy's initiatory journey through ancient Egypt. I've decided to analyze the text as how it relates to my journey. I am a Leo after all. But, instead of identifying with the hero of the tale, I am going to look at myself as each character, hero, villain and neutral and compare Chick-Pea's journey to mine. I am not sure how will navigate this odd path as a writing exercise as my life is obviously intertwined with others I have no wish to embarrass or expose. Things will become clear or there will have to be a public and private record.

I can see some parallels already with my initiatory path which is seldom referenced here. I have oaths that must be taken into account. I don't know how I am going to handle that either. For now, I will contemplate and likely write in Word, transferring what I can onto these pages.

No comments: