Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Beautiful Experience

Today, I went to an Ostara ritual. Something is building here. The Bakersfield, Visalia and Fresno Pagans are getting together in Visalia to share the eight holidays. They meet in Visalia because it is between Fresno and Bakersfield. WitchDoctorJoe's group is there. It is easy for him to reserve the space and the like. So, it works for everyone.

Except me.

Well, it is fine for me. I went and talked to people. I made a couple new friends. The ritual was not for me. I am having a hard time identifying as Pagan. I certainly have a relationship with the Helpful Deity, Hermes and others. It isn't that I disbelieve at all. It is that I believe and at some level understand so much more. I feel like I am a member of all religions, if you have a liberal view of membership.

A longtime acquaintance, D, sent her niece to me for a reading. This gave me a warm fuzzy as D and I are not close. We have continually stood at opposite ends of the Pagan community. Her willingness to trust me with a loved one was pretty cool.

When I connected with A for the reading. I saw her heart center. It was the most beautiful I have ever seen. I can only describe it as a golden rainbow. This woman had great compassion and truly has the potential to share a beautiful soul. Were she not about to enter the army, I may have offered to teach her...what I don't know. Magick isn't her thing.

It was quite a moving experience. I pray my reading was of value to her. I will never know.

The Grove

This spring, I have been working to to create a lush but xeriscaped yard. There is a corner in my backyard that was blessed by My Gal and John Michael Greer. JMG called the space, Gribbet Grove which has been shortened to 'the Grove'. I have noticed that if I pull energy from above this space absorbs it and creates a thick white plasma, pure white. It exists like a bleached pillow under the earth.

Today, I stepped outside that space and tried the same exercise. The earth accepted the energy but it was more like I was trying to shove it through hard concrete. It should be interesting to see how it responds as it becomes more lush and cared for.

Link

Jow has one of the best blog posts I've seen in a while, check it out here: Unintentional Magicks

1 comment:

petoskystone said...

Much luck with your garden!