Wednesday, May 5, 2010

If You've Got the Power

I love the blogging cabal. I really do.

Today, I had this conversation with the Helpful Deity after reading a fantasy novel which had me lusting for power.

HD:  You will have the power of your fantasies. It will be horrible.
Myself: Horrible? [horror] (Gulp!)
HD:  Terrifying. Once one has power, you end up using it in ways that you do not want for once power arises a counter force arises as well.
Myself: Terrifying? (Gulp!)
HD: It won't be as bad as you've been through [but it is of all together different quality] Now that you have power, you should use it.

So then I read Faust's post here. If you read down far enough, he says almost the exact same thing. I love it when that sort of thing happens.

P.S. If you haven't read the Black Swan article over at Rune Soup, follow this link. An interesting thought is presented.

3 comments:

Rufus Opus said...

Oddly enough, I'm dealing with something that fits the HD's description really well at the moment. Well, a moment ago.

Jack Faust said...

... She's not... Hecate, is she?

Gordon said...

Cheers for the shout out!