Monday, August 27, 2012

The Relationship Between Healer and Client

There are several things I am pondering regarding the relationship between healer and client.

The first is a set of curious phenomenon. Magick users tend to shy away from offers of healing assistance. Most simply demur. Others clearly state that they are afraid of what I may see. Those people that I successfully work on also tend to shy away from further work. For instance, the person with diabetic neuropathy, has gone from a $300 a month medical marijuana bill to nothing. However, I can see he still suffers from some pain. He has a standing offer for more work to knock out the rest but he hasn't taken me up on it. This is not unusual. I am not sure what causes this. I am sure each individual has a different and reasonable thought as to why. I am wondering if there is a deeper shared cause. This is not true of everyone. I have more than a few repeat clients. However, there is a significant percentage.

The odd part is that I feel very close to these people.

Yesterday, I began working on my second weight loss client. She reported that she lost four pounds between agreeing to the service and our first of three appointments. She asked if I could have healed her in advance. No, I did nothing. However, we both intended to do the magick. I have experienced this before. Once the commitment is made, sometimes the magick happens. Naturally, you do the magick anyway to complete the circle.

The cool part about the relationship is the trust that is bestowed. It is super cool to have someone trust you enough to poke around their insides, learn of their traumas intimately and then perform an obviously effective but unscientific service.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Do you love your clients Robert?

I mean "Love" in the spiritual sense, if you understand what i mean.

I am just wondering where that fits in to magick. Something I disagree with most magicians about.

If we are one with others and we love ourselves i just don't see how we cannot love the other self.

Maybe it is not important...