Friday, August 3, 2012

Power

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character give him power."
- Abraham Lincoln

I came across this post on FB the other night and it got me thinking. Over the last year or so I have come into my own after that horrible breakdown. I have some power and, looking at it, I am proud of the way I have used it.

Just before it all started, we had someone go nuts. I was very tolerant but when it proved to be never ending, I banished the person from my life and the group. I did this with full disclosure as to why. I left no guess work. If that person wants to use that to build herself she is welcome to do that. I hope she does.

Then when I realized running a GD lodge was not something I was suited to do, I dumped it without the slightest embarrassment and moved on.

The MM came into its own and I have used it wisely. I teach it under some simple rules:

1. The first rule is that I teach method not result. This relieves me from having to be wise. It isn't my job to determine where anyone else should be.

2. The first thing I teach people is that I am not a guru. Under no circumstances are they to look to me for answers. I don't have any. I have experience. I can offer advice. They can refuse it. Some have and I have been totally fine with it. Even if I think they are wrong, I am still fine with it. That is a huge step for me.

3. I am utilizing my ability to relieve pain and other medical symptoms liberally. I charge people I don't know well but I also do a lot for free for friends. The charge is mostly to keep me from being too busy.

4. I continue to do the MM for myself as I know I have not achieved fully. I am not resting on success.

As for the adversity part of the quote. I have always thought that men that handle adversity with class and decorum are awesome. That is the true measure of part of a man's virtue. I know I do not do well at that part. Other parts though, I am quite proud of.

The Work continues

Healing

Emergency healing today on odd eye problem and massive allergies for My Gal. She stopped responding to texts so I know I knocked her out. I do that a lot.

No comments: