Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Typical Twenty-Four Hours




























Since my last post, I've kept myself busy with the following:

Rit

I attended a rit at WitchDoctorJoe's. (Note: I call rits rites but Joe calls rites rits. I have no idea what the difference is between a rite and a rit. Someday, Joe will have to explain it to me. The event was called a Hecate's Supper. His coven did their normal rit but each of us brought cans of food and gave them to the goddess. In return, the goddess gave us a special gift. The food will go to a local food bank. The gift I took this as a deep sign of trust from Joe and his wife to My Gal and I. To Joe's grandmother, I promise to keep that trust.

Joe has a special sign he receives from grandma when she is near. Last night, I saw the sign and she had something to say to me. It was touching but I didn't fully understand. Without knowing of my speaking to his grandmother, Joe explained it to me today over lunch. This is the second spontaneous communication with a dead grand parent within a month. I've never had one before.

I am not a Wiccan but if I was in a coven, I'd want that same love and respect displayed for each other and for the god/goddess that I see at Veritas each time they invite us to guest. I did manage not to tear up this time. Magicians don't cry.

List

On a local list, someone brought up the topic of vampire discrimination. I contributed several long winded posts to the discussion. Isn't that a common topic around dinner tables all across America?

Enochian

Today, we completed the Sigillum Dei Ameth as you can likely tell from the pictures above.

I also cut out seven three by three pieces of .008 tin. Then we went to Kinko's and made copies straight out of Lon's book to a 3" size on silver paper for the Ensigns of Creation. Tomorrow we'll glue them together. Pictures to follow.

My Gal also found a table on Craig's list for $45. It was beautifully made to last in Denmark. The retired couple that sold the table were about the nicest folks you'd ever want to meet. They are the kind of people that make your heart happy even on a bad pain day like mine. Sweet gentle folks they were. I plan on saying a small prayer for them a little later. Meeting them was a pleasure. The table, of course, will be the table of practice for our Enochian magick.

So, as you can tell, it has been just an average day for your average American. I'm sure your neighbors were occupied doing the exact same thing as I. After all, we all must keep up with the Joneses.

Apologies if this post is a bit choppy. Tonight, I am full of pain medication.

No comments: