Friday, June 20, 2008

Shifting Money Issues

Today brought some interesting news. One of my coworkers not only started talk of forming a union with our small band. There are likely thirty of us scattered among the other seven thousand employees. He also managed to get the larger group of hundreds of IT folks to let us work with them. That means we' get reclassified and immediately see a raise of less than five percent. Within a year or so of being reclassified, it would mean another five to six hundred a month. That is some time away.

In the week since calling Bune, I have been threatened with a twenty percent pay cut, had that reduced to six percent, and am now being threatened by a significant raise down that road. That road would switch me to an hourly employee with no more free overtime. Not that I do much free overtime but every out of town trip for training would seriously rack up the dollars.

I also bought ten dollars worth of lottery scratchers and won a free ticket. Yesterday and collected the ticket and that won four dollars. I am awaiting the next prompt to turn that into another ticket.

Tonight, I also worked on my earth pantacle.

1 comment:

Lavanah said...

I have to admit, this is the first time I've ever read of someone being "threatened with a raise!" May this threat come to pass.