Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sitri (of the Goetia)

A couple of days ago, I posted about seeing a demon sitting over the spirit of a man. The demon, Sitri, has a abilities, this is among them, "causeth them [opposite sex] also to show themselves naked if it be desired."

A demon sitting atop a man's spirit is a sad sight to see. Pause and visualize what I saw for a moment. This, from the Lesser Key of Solomon, may help with that, "The Twelfth Spirit is Sitri. He is a Great Prince and appeareth at first with a Leopard's head and the Wings of a Gryphon but after the command of the Master of the Exorcism he putteth on Human shape, and that very beautiful."

So, who do you think that beauty is for? The inattentive magician will look at this and say the beauty is what attracts the opposite sex. How so? She can't see him. The beauty is to beguile the magician. Sitri's attractiveness is really the RESULT.

The beauty is that the magician sees what is beautiful to his human eyes, the naked woman/women. The beauty is a glamour that he keeps chasing and allowing the demon to find for him. The problem is that the demon is SITTING ON HIS SPIRIT. Sitri distracts him from the evolution of his soul and refocuses that power on the pleasant acceptance of woman kind.

So, the magician gets he wanted but did the Magician get what He NEEDED?

This is the full text of the Lesser Key regarding Sitri:

The Twelfth Spirit is Sitri. He is a Great Prince and appeareth at first with a Leopard's head and the Wings of a Gryphon, but after the command of the Master of the Exorcism he putteth on Human shape, and that very beautiful. He enflameth men with Women's love, and Women with Men's love; and causeth them also to show themselves naked if it be desired. He governeth 60 Legions of Spirits. His Seal is this, to be worn as a Lamen before thee, etc.

With this the magician can look at himself at a level higher and say he is looking for love. Who doesn't want that? No blame there, unless you haven't learned the difference between love and sex. If you're calling a demon like this and you don't know the difference, you are is so much trouble.

Do you see anything at all specific? It says, "He enflameth men with Women's love, and Women with Men's love..." Enflame. 

Let's check Dictionary.com which refers you to inflame.

1.to kindle or excite (passions, desires, etc.).
2.to arouse to a high degree of passion or feeling: His harangue inflamed the rabble.
3.to incite or rouse, as to violence: His words inflamed the angry mob to riot.
4.(of an emotion, as rage) to cause to redden or grow heated: Uncontrollable rage inflamed his face.
5.to cause inflammation in: Her eyes were inflamed with crying.

Which definition do you think the magician wants and which is he likely to get given that he is invoking a DEMON?

Does the Lesser Key entry say whose love will be enflamed? Will love between two others be inflamed in a negative way causing one party to stand naked emotionally and thus ready to be taken advantage of by this demon?  How much rage would that cause? Do people appear in his life and harangue the magician?

The demons appear in other texts. What I didn't realize that these texts can be compared and more about the critter in question can be revealed. Here is the Pseudomonarchia Daemonum's entry on Sitri:

Sitri, alias Bitru, is a great prince, appeering with the face of a leopard, and having wings as a griffen: when he taketh humane shape, he is verie beautiful, he inflameth a man with a womans love, and also stirreth up women to love men, being commanded he willinglie deteineth secrets of women, laughing at them and mocking them, to make them luxuriouslie naked, and there obeie him sixtie legions. 

willinglie deteineth secrets of women, laughing at them and mocking them

I have always wondered why this person of great compassion could encourage very belittling behavior on the part of others when it comes to sexual exploits. I do not wonder anymore. He doesn't. Sitri does.
While that knowledge makes my compassion grow for him and anyone else in this situation. This.Is.Scary.Shit.

To the magicians out there:

You can control a demon and get what you want. The problem is that the demon just may have more control over you than know. The problem is that if your overall goal is spiritual growth, you can get pulled down into the mire quickly. If you are just about power and don't care about growth, then that won't bother you but really now, in this situation, who has the power?

14 comments:

Jack Faust said...

Hmmm. You saw this demon sitting on a person? When? Are you sure the person called on the spirit, or did it come to them (unknowingly)?

Also, is there really a problem if someone just wants sex with them getting it? What if their partners just want sex? Even if your ideal is love, are you sure it's right to put your idea forward about the will and choices of another?

You keep mentioning INVOKING the spirit versus EVOKING the spirit: how do you know this is precisely what you're seeing?

I'm not calling your assessments dubious, but the information you're giving out is a bit lopsided. It's also very loaded with assumptions. In the previous post all you tell us is that someone 'raised' (which I interpret as 'evoked') Sitri, and lost. No data is given on how, or why, this might have occurred. In this post you suggest that they're Invoking the demon. Is this due to the language that they used when they performed the rite? E.G. "I call upon and invocate you, NN Spirit, that you might come to me and yadda yadda yadda in the holy and awesome names of yadda yadda yadda"? In that case, the difference is just in language and interpretation. If the person sat down and said, "yep, and I call upon Sitri whenever I want to have hot sex, and I let Sitri live in me and we need to be together forever," then that's different, I think.

I just find this post to be... odd.

Codeword: 35 UPGRICI. heh.

magus93 said...

So...even if you are correct about sitri shinig forth his light from your soul, who gives a fuck. As long as you get laid, so what. I haven't been getting much more than once or twice a year and I've grown to become a public figure from all my non goetic efforts and hard work so far. Still haven't got much sex. I say it is about damn time for me to get sex and love but mostly sex on a regular basis and who gives a fuck even if you are right. I'd be getting what I want thus I will use goetia...I am almost ready to start once I finish jsut a bit more studying.

Robert said...

Your comments indicating that you don't care about the fallout to yourself or your conquest or any other third party makes a couple of points for me.

First, it explains why are not getting any. Secondly, it shows that you don't have to go get Sitri, he has you already.

As a side note, if you are going to comment on my blog try to communicate without so many swear words. You can do better than that, can't you? This also may help clarify the first point.

Side note number two. I am not a hypocrite. I never said not to use goetia. My point is a subtler than that. You saw that and dismissed it. That is okay. Good luck.

Xyane Osiris said...

From what I understand, you çan also ask for same sex attraction. Sitiri is also said to be the the protector of homosexuals. Any thoughts?

Robert said...

I would not see why it would have any issue there. They will go in any direction to trick you into all sorts of things. So, they'd use any way in they can. Of course, when you win you win. So, I would think you could use them for that just fine. The above caveats would still apply.

Anonymous said...

I find the idea of "using" a Goetic spirit a bit disrespectful. In practice, one can petition and work with, but to "use" connotes disrespect, which opens up the door to some negatives.

In my recent working with Bune, I made a petition and provide weekly tribute. I have experienced a lot more success in areas in which I asked for help. I thank Bune for this. I feel the success has a lot to do with the approach. Do you feel like the approach matters or do you feel that the approach is secondary to the focused will of the practitioners?

Thank you

Robert said...

I think the approach matters as much if not more than the result. The main problem I see in magicians is that they attempt to control the outer universe. They spend more time imposing their will than finding and doing their Will. So, asking any spirit to reveal to you the nature of a thing, how to best work with it and how to unite with that thing in the deepest and most spiritual aspect, will have much better long term results within a variety of situations than commanding a spirit to do something.

J Apostata said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J Apostata said...

Excellent post and thread!

First, most if not all Goetic Demons have a "Pagan" origin. For example, the Demon King BAAL was once of course "BAAL" the Phoenician Fertility God, Asteroth as well (Goddess of Sex and Fertility in Phoenicia). I have not been able to find the "origin" - outside of Goetia for Sytry (or Sitri).

Second, if Sytry's main domain is amplifying and/or satisfying Lust, this could be highly useful for certain forms of Gnostic Trance, where sexual energy is key to effective working. So there is a means by which both sex energy and spiritual growth (and magickal effectiveness to boot) could be achieved potentially by summoning Sytry.

Elazaruss said...

The name Sitri is a Hebrew name, like Most if not all Goetic names. The meaning of it is at least dual - there are probably more than two meanings in it but I am bouncing of the two meanings which are most obvious/visible in the word. Sitri comes both from the word "Nistar" - which means 'Hidden' and "Stira" - which means 'Contradiction'. The given meanings tell you something about his nature. First of all we don't know much about this spirit other than some very minute details which are also should be approached with caution as the author of the given thread tried to demonstrate. The second meaning which concerns a contradiction suggests that this entity should not be taken for granted, and while it's true about any spirit in this case the idea is that you don't take it or the things you know about it at face value. When it comes to this entity and its actions/abilities, things can be very misleading and carry a dual nature that can possibly end up to be contrary to the things one expects from it or believes to understand.I also brought this spirit forth the other day by vibrating its name during the night hours. After doing so I noticed a presence in my room. The closet doors and the windows began to creak like someone is walking around - it felt like I was being watched and like whomever it was, was attempting to draw my attention by making the noise. When I went to sleep I dreamed that I am making progress in terms of psychic development but I was doing so while taking a dump - literally - into a pile of serpents that were climbing over my lags from the ground which was covered in them. Those serpents were evaluating my progress and while it was taking place in deed, there was something really off about the whole thing given the fact that I was defecating and those snakes who were crawling in my faeces were somehow weighing in on that progress. Also during crucial parts of that dream I could hear the window frame near my head (my bed is near the bedroom window) creak, partially waking me up - enough to be mindful of the noise and realise where it's coming from, and I sensed that the being in question is standing above me - looming over my head and in a way influencing the disturbed/ing dream that I was seeing.It was a weird experience and in a way almost felt like an introduction. I vibrated his name only once and it manifested such a strong presence. The warning is right - never pronounce a spirit's name out loud, especially after midnight, because it is enough to manifest it in your space and give it power not only to interact with you but influence you on various levels. In my case I was contemplating to do some work with the given entity though had no direct intention to manifest it at the time. Maybe I just wanted an introduction in a sense which was precisely what I got. Hope that at least some of that account can be useful to somebody. If any of you have done any work with that entity or had any experience with it I'd like to hear about it. Best regards to all,

E.

Anonymous said...

My research has drawn me to the point where Sitri is believed to be the egyptian god Sutekh/Seth.

Anonymous said...

Dear thread, Dead thread, from a dead man.

Anonymous, please reply to this thread to expect a response.

All others, I too have called this being. Unpopular opinion/disclaimer: I believe that spirits in the goetia, due to my gnostic predilection, I believe, that some of these spirits may be benevolent, and misunderstood.

I have meditated on this spirit, with a candle inscribed with his/it's symbol, early on in my education. This spirit, while not interfering in my personal development, has been a constant presence and companion since that day, a day which had completely gone beyond my control. I have had a lot of sex, and many fucked up HBO-ass quality parties, and suffered hardships along the way, but also found finally unflinching love, and this spirit helps me keep it. If a magician firmly believes that experience can broaden belief, this is no spirit to be trifled with, but he will not harm you without building you up. You will feel pain.

I've suffered colitis for four years, I've beaten it very recently through self taught scientific naturopathic methods, plant magic if you will. One of the included herbs is frankincense, sometimes known as boswellia.

If the hebrew monolithic god is proven to be an old wolf in sheep's clothing, do not the demons of the goetia deserve consideration in their own right as metaphysical beings who may have opposed JHVH masquerading as YVHW, at the time of the first sin?

Was the first sin a human sin? Or is the first sin, when JHVH asked Abram to sacrifice his son? A god who opposes that behaviour is a God in my books, if one of many.

In my experience, this spirit is a teacher who will give what you can handle, in suffering and in love, in a world that is often bereft of both, but also a good companion, kind to my familiar, and a willing solace. the end.

summation: be careful with the goetia kids, it's an old book.

monkeyshaman.

Anonymous said...

Also I feel like whoever magus93 is, if you summoned Sitri 5 odd years ago thinking you would finally get some sex, you must have had a very rude awakening. You may have learned why you weren't getting it in the first place, and then lost your mind completely. Even if you were a scene queen. The first time I attempted communication with this spirit I was knocked out cold, in a literal sense, while meditating. Then I continued to drop LSD and mushrooms while practising magick.

I agree with Anonymous 04.12 2017 that this spirit may be a permutation of Set, not due to research but experience, which, to summon an old god via an extinct sigil, no shit buckle up. My outlook changed, immediately. This is a powerful and multifarious spirit, who has served my interests well overall, with no binding spell or salt circle, as an ally, with my plant allies, but also as a companion. An entirely agreeable spirit to negotiate with. Does not suffer stupidity or timidity. Dangerously sexual, frighteningly real.

I would love to hear what happened when magus93 summoned Set to get laid. He could be dead now.
10-4

monkeyshaman.

James higgins said...

Can sitri get a women to lust after me?