Friday, March 22, 2013

Reader Question: Dead People

A friend/reader asked, "Have you ever seen or talked to dead people? Have you tried? What happened?"

My only experience with this was with my father. He had been blind for two decades before he died. When I went to the house, his body was still there. So was he. He was quite happy that he could see. I might have even said ecstatic. I cannot recall ever seeing my father that happy and excited in life. He was shocked at being dead but he showed his usual aplomb. There was a sense of wonder about him. I know he did not expect to be alive after being dead.

He did recognize that I could communicate with him. I was fine with it at the time. He contacted me for a little while after. However, this freaked me out a bit. I am not sure why. He sensed it and stopped. However, even in writing this I know that if I reached out, he would be there.

Aside from that, I haven't reached out to anyone that is deceased. I haven't had cause to do so.

Side note: You my have noticed the wheel chair and white cane. When the minister said, "despite being disabled..." I was shocked. I never thought of him as disabled. Neither did anyone I knew. That says a lot about him.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

awesome story. I like that guy.