Thursday, April 4, 2013

Rainbow of Qesheth


I had been told beauty would be my next lesson prior to the return of the soul shard. At first, I used it to look at difficult things that had the potential to disrupt my awareness of perfection. In doing so, I saw the words, events or actions through the shard which turned the image into a rain of color. Therein, I beheld beauty and perfection. 

It occurred to me that every mind loses it once in a while. We get shocked by some event and forget what we know of the divine. I had no desire to let that happen. So, in meditation, I absorbed the shard into my head. The result is that I cannot walk out of doors without seeing a steady rain of colored light blues, reds, yellows, greens, oranges, indigos, and the hue of Daath. My eyes see what they always have but the overlaid image of that light stays within my internal reflection as more real than real. It is beauty, perfection, joy.

This may be what was meant by the Rainbow of Qesheth (Link to the Golden Dawn, Regardie) which is the rainbow of promise stretched above the earth. The colors are said to come from the paths leading from malkuth on the Tree of Life. The letters of those paths Qoph, Shin and Tau spell qesheth or bow.  

The rainbow is mentioned in the Golden Dawn Zelator Initiation. In that ritual, we are told of how the foolish and rebellious look upon the created world and find therein nothing but terror and obscurity while the wise behold the dazzling image of their creator. During the ritual the candidate is told that s/he is not yet ready to witness that image.


The point to remember is that the world remains. Only the initiate's perception changes. The dazzling image always was and always will be there. That perfection, that beauty, is ever-present.

No comments: