Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Magickal Dangers

We've all read about the rules of magick. When we first told we look at them as procedure. A spell casting should have a link such as a lock of hair, unwashed garments etc. We are told to guard our magickal items closely as they can be used against us. Most people understand those thoughts and follow along. Then we are told to beware of the void course of the moon. The what?

Several experiences of late have proven to me once and for all that these are not mere procedure but esoteric facts. 

I have plans to sell my house and move as part of my new life plan. So, I am cleaning out my magickal storage room. I have a bedroom full of stuff. There are twelves shelves with so many books they are falling off the rack. There are bins on the floor, a closet packed with mostly magickal items and two garage-type storage shelves packed to overflowing. Some of it is hitting the trash, other items are saved because they may be useful or because they have been used in a manner that makes tossing them out seem disrespectful. This is a lot of work.

The education I am getting from this trip down memory lane is invaluable. I am finding items that other people left behind after ritual that I must have placed in that room for safe keeping. When I pick them up, I am reminded of the ownders and how they have changed or not changed. I am shocked by the little mundane things that should not have held energy to them but explode in a field of emotion. The memories come back just as if they were evoked by an old song. If it was a magickal garment, I would understand. If it was jewelry, I'd understand. A take out menu? You have got to be kidding me. 

I assume the person who left the menu underwent an initiation that night or was being broken down by the process or some such thing.  I swear if I wanted to curse or bless that person, I could have easily done so with that menu in my hand. I threw it away. 

Lesson: Never leave your magickal items at anyone's house. If you have to, make a list of what you bring and check off the inventory as you leave. Do not leave the house without your stuff. You cannot be assured the person who finds it will not hold a grudge five years later or want to experiment with your life. They may be your friend now, you may be mistaken or they may become temporarily unstable and do something stupid. Secondly, those things from emotional times, good or bad, are even more potent than genetic material left behind. The more emotionally charged you are, the more careful you should be. Obvious problem, the more emotional you are, the harder it is to be careful.

The void course of the moon is a different animal all together. In fact, if it were an animal it would be a duck-billed platypus. If you don't know how odd this animal is, do some research. You'll find that it is the only poisonous mammal in North America. Does it deliver it's poison with a bite, a sting or spit? No, it has a bone spur on its hind foot, foot, not feet. 

From Wikipedia, which jived with what I already knew, The unusual appearance of this egg-laying, duck-billed, beaver-tailed, otter-footed mammal baffled European naturalists when they first encountered it, with some considering it an elaborate fraud. It is one of the few venomous mammals, the male platypus having a spur on the hind foot that delivers a venom capable of causing severe pain to humans. I am pretty sure this creature manifested during a void of course moon.

When I first started to encounter the effects of this phenomena, I was baffled. I explained strange disjointed visions and was told to check the moon calendar for those dates and find out if the moon was void. It was in each case.

The last time I encountered this was during a healing session. I could see the person I was trying to heal but she was within this weird post-industrial punk scene. She was within a corroded copper-green iron skeleton of a building, table saw blades floated by, a green fuzzy cloud swam through the air, electric currents hummed and before here was a shimmering group of vertical lines looking much like a bar code.

In other visions, I have seen a bird with an ax for a head, a sword buried in a rock...but the hilt was in the rock, air that was on fire, trees growing downward from the sky and that was just what I can describe.

My theory on this is the moon filters energies through the lens of the house it is in. When that filter is not there, you get the full energy of manifestation but as a blind force. It will ground but it doesn't care how, just like lightening. Watch out or you will get fried. With that, there shouldn't be a lot of questions about why magick is a bad idea during this time unless you are more talented or experienced than I.

This blind force reminds me very much of PTSD clients. More on that in a future post.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

goooooood stuff.
packing and moving is not always fun. but hey! you could probably have a yard sale!