Monday, January 3, 2011

Hodge Podge

This is just a short post on a variety of little items.

Influence

This weekend I read Lon Milo DuQuette's Low Magick. I have always admitted to being influenced by Lon's work. I found two specific examples. In the course of my magickal practice, I've learned that simpler a thing is the better it works. For me, I had to know the first few items pretty deeply before learning to get simple. I have come to the belief that magick can best be practiced after on has an intimate knowledge of the practice, image etc one is using. Lon's work is like that. He has done so much that by the time he writes it comes out so simplified that many turn their backs on it. Secondly, Lon not only fully admits his mistakes but he doesn't fully take credit for the effects of his work. The later is something I've noticed in myself only recently.

Lon has two books that I believe will strongly appeal to readers of this blog. In them, he talks about his actual magickal practice like I do here.

Healing  

In other news, the woman from which I removed the astral bug, texted me thrilled at her change in behavior. Apparently, some human was saved from a tongue lashing. She pronounced herself fully cured. That is likely the last update on her.

I've been doing some Reiki on myself. I feel that I am recovering from a cold much faster than I would have otherwise. At least, I am feeling much better today than expected.


Hyper Focus

I haven't done as much as this as I would have liked. I keep reminding myself to proceed. Hopefully, I won't lose the thread.

Dropping Through a Pin Hole

As part of a larger magickal project of deeply personal work, I will be working with the Golden Dawn god associated with the Death card. Expect a post about that working soon.

What I Learned in 2010

This post is still coming. It has been a bit of a slog getting through it all.

No comments: