Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Odd Flash of Insight

On the way back from Pantheacon, My Gal and I stopped in a small town called Chowchilla. If you are old enough, you may remember a group of thugs hijacking a school bus and burying the bus in a quarry hoping for ransom. If you do, that occurred in Chowchilla, California in 1976.

I called a good friend and asked her where we could grab a quick dinner. She told me to go to the Pizza Factory. We did. As I sat there, murder came to mind. I stared at the cash register. I couldn't tell if the murder had occurred or would soon. The time was shaky but the feeling of death at the cash register was real. I assumed it was a robbery.

I told my friend about the feeling. She said the owner had been killed by her boyfriend a few months before. It would make sense her ghost would be around the register. I can't imagine that would be unusual for a business owner.

Now, I can throw down some tarot cards but I can't recall feeling so confident about a random bit of intuition like that and having it so quickly born out.

No comments: