Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bakersfield Pagan Pride Day

Yesterday, the folks in Bakersfield,California, USA held the Pagan Pride Day event, PPD. I'm sure things went awry some where and the folks that actually know something was messed up are likely a bit miffed, those of us that didn't know what was supposed to happen had a great time.

My buddy Louie and I did divinations for charity. My tarot cards generated about $100 for charity and put $20 bucks in my pocket for gas money. I under charge at $20 a throw but what the heck? That is $100 the Shiner's Children's charity wouldn't have had to buy funny hats. I'm a big fan of funny hats.

Greek Magick

I also met Tony Mierzwicki author of Graeco-Egyptian Magick: Everyday Empowerment. I had a chance to catch a good amount of his presentation before tarot duty called. I must say I was not only impressed with what he had to say but with his "work" in general. This guy doesn't write about magick, he does it. Then he writes about it. I was impressed enough that I will catch his act again at LA Pagan Pride next Sunday.

Tony has a website here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The Shriners totally beat us in the funny hat department. I've got my choice of pointy-and-black or badly-made-goetic-trucker-hat. Bleh.

Robert said...

In GD work we get cool a black and white nemyss.

PhoenixAngel said...

I liked Tony's stuff too. It felt very similar to the stuff I have been studying. I stayed after and asked him questions. Definitely interesting