Saturday, February 27, 2010

Of Kings

They say that lifes a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of kings and queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
Its heaven and hell, oh well
And they'll tell you black is really white
The moon is just the sun at night
And when you walk in golden halls
You get to keep the gold that falls
Its heaven and hell, oh no!
Fool, fool!
You've got to bleed for the dancer!
Fool, fool!
Look for the answer!
Fool, fool, fool!

-- Black Sabbath, Heaven and Hell

I have always wondered what the dancer is in this song but that is beside the point. Of late, I've been dreaming of kings. Kings. Kings. I've been dreaming of kings while on another planet.. In each dream, there are those trying to prevent audience with the sovereign. In each, there are those that "know" what is really occurring. These appear to be helping me out but with hidden motive I can not discern.

The last spirit I contacted was of Chokmah, the second sephiro. When you combine tarot and the tree of life, you place the kings in Chokmah. Well, most do, I have another pattern. Call me a radical, if you like but I use the old pattern too.

The name of the choir of angels for Tipereth, realm of the adept, translated to kings.

Last night, I made it all the way to audience before this morning's alarm woke me up. After being told by a minister that this was a poor time to approach the king as he'd just 'became' commander-in-chief of an army at war, I walked in the chambers with a female companion but as I walked in I was already with him, behind him. I watched him as he began to sign something. Whatever it was looked interesting in retrospect. He stopped before signing as I entered with a female companion. The two figures were unsure of how to behave in the comfortable, almost informal surroundings: Stand? Kneel? Sit?

The king watched this confusion in silence and then the alarm went off.

I am not sure why I dream of kings but this did occur last night. I am preparing to speak to anthropology classes at Fresno State in a couple of weeks. My presentation will begin with the Oath of the Abyss:

I. I a member of the body of God, herby bind myself on behalf the Whole
Universe, even as we are now physically bound unto the cross of suffering:
II. that I will lead a pure life, as a devoted servant of the order
III. that I will understand all things
IV. that I will love all things
V. that I will perform all things and endure all things
VI. that I will continue in the knowledge and conversation with my Holy
Guardian Angel
VII. that I will work without attachment
VIII. that I will work in truth
IX. that I will rely only upon myself
X. I will interpret every phenomenon as a particular dealing of god with my
soul.

I think the items in red may be being enforced in my life at the moment. I am terrible at item IV, bitch about the red part in item V but I do it. I am getting better and better at item IX.  I think I may be to the point of nearly gaining an understanding now.

No comments: