Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Offerings -- Forgiveness

Offering

A few days ago, I contacted a spirit for some assistance with a long term project. I set aside all my ceremonial magic training. Amidst my nightly prayers to the All, I simply visualized and called upon the spirit. It was my first time calling this particular spirit but I have been 'introduced' to him in an initiation ritual. He came to me readily. I asked him for a favor and, without waiting for a reply,  asked him if I could do something for him in return. He granted the favor and asked that I leave three yellow flowers on a street corner that I was 'unfamiliar' with.

I was tired and frankly had no idea where to find three yellow flowers at that time of night. I asked him if he would mind if I gave him the flowers in a few days. He was okay with that but said he would start before the offerings were received.

He did begin as I had a near lucid dream of significant import.

I've talked with him since and learned that unfamiliar meant 'going out of my way' and that he'd like a high traffic area. Tonight, I bought three yellow flowers, drove a bit out of my way and placed them near a busy intersection. I leaned them up single file and evenly spaced against a traffic light. Passersby could tell they were left in a deliberate manner, if they noticed at all.

I'm not sure the spirit's need for this but it suited my personality. Making people scratch their heads wondering why someone would do that fits the mind of a man that used to put a smattering of coins on a strangers driver side roof in the middle of the night to get the same reaction. The thought of people discussing the odd arrangement of flowers without any sign of a memorial or anything else amused me.

Forgiveness

I just thought I'd mention I am still working on this. I can't say anything constructive at the moment. So, I shall only say I am still working on it. There are signs of improvement.

4 comments:

Keith Birch said...

What a loverly thought, I hope that you find what you are looking for!
Blessings
Keith
www.ksccrystals.com

Rufus Opus said...

You know what helps me out a lot with forgiveness? When a person is truly sorry, and demonstrates it by changing their pattern of behavior. I can "forgive" someone without an apology, but I don't trust them to the same degree. Or rather, the trust aspect of the relationship is changed by the incident that required "forgiveness."

Are you talking about unconditional forgiveness that doesn't require any kind of repentance (for lack of a better word)?

One of the things that Pope John Paul II said that stuck with me was "there can be no peace without justice." In the material realm, there can never truly be justice, it's always tempered by some mitigating circumstance that gets either blown out of proportion or neglected. Like Roman Polanski. He raped and sodomized a 13 year old girl, and got an Oscar. Or Michael Jackson, another pedophile artist. Do you separate the art from the man's character traits? Do you judge them less harshly because they have a talent? Or more harshly because with all that talent, they still molested children? Should we boycott their work, or enjoy the art while condemning the artist?

Or do we forgive them for they know not what they do?

I don't have any answers. But it is easier when people express their genuine sorrow that comes from recognizing they have wronged you.

Soror FSO said...

Frater POS, I came to your blog by linking back through one of my followers. I write because I found that yellow flowers have been used to symbolize Thoth and his workings in my magic...I am wondering if this has significance for you. Great blog btw, I will be following you and keeping up with your practice.

In Light,
Soror FSO

Robert said...

Soror FSO, thank you for the compliment. I have never heard of yellow flowers being connected with Thoth. I am working with a relatively obscure spirit at the moment.

RO: I will respond in a regular blog post.