Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mind and Body

MIND

I haven't posted much on this but I have been working on concentration and focus. I am performing a very simple exercise. When I go for a walk or running errands, I stop my train of thought and pay attention to my surroundings in a focussed way.

This has allowed me to spot some interesting things, such as an undercover female cop dressed as a homeless person, various small animals, people standing in little nooks that I would have missed etc. Today, I was walking in a neighborhood near my workplace. It is a very old rich neighborhood. The houses are majestic and interesting. The landscaping is full of old trees and neatly mowed lawns. The place is a sea of green. I snapped my mind into focus with the realization I wasn't concentrating. Immediately, I noticed out of the corner of my eye one neglected house  on the opposite side of the street. It was small and everything was overgrown. I would have walked right past it.

That seems simple but I was shocked. It was SO OBVIOUSLY out of place. Yet, my monkey mind completely wrote it off. I am finding these exercises in focussed awareness more and more important.

BODY

Recently, I posted about my HGA telling me it was time to work on my physical self. When my back was so problematic, I was careful not to stress it. Now, that I am gaining confidence by the day, I feel it would be wise to start stretching those muscles out. I don't want to do anything fully harsh after all this neglect. So, I am going to drop by the local yoga place and start there. STRETCH...

PROBLEM?

I reported a healing with an obvious and immediate physical manifestation the other day. The bruise remains smaller but the next day the pain increased. I am not sure what that means.

No comments: