Saturday, June 25, 2016

Possible Scam Alert - Magical Items

I received an email this morning from someone asking about something she found of her grandmother's. She asked me to find out what it may mean. I suspected it is was a fraternal medallion of some sort. I asked a friend.

He identified it as Scottish Rite medallion or some semi-Masonic offshoot and took the time to translate both the hex marks and the ancient text. He said it was about 20 years old.

I sent this information to the person that asked. There was no appreciation for the effort I or my friend expended at her request. Instead, she replied was that she had many such items for sale. Had I gone all agog over the item, I assume I would have been sold a worthless bauble for a high price.

Here is a picture of the item and the email address. She goes by the name Samanta Faucher.

Do your research people.

evilchechirecat33@gmail.com







2 comments:

Joey said...

Image doesn't show up for me. Can you please repost the picture?

Robert said...

I have added two additional images.