Friday, November 27, 2009

Better Results

This morning, I combined a few things.

First, I took the advice of anonymous and worked all day yesterday on surrendering to some things. Work at surrendering? Yup. That is a tad contradictory but there you go. Most importantly, the back issues that make it difficult to hold the properly aligned positions that really make meditation hum.

Second, my 'best' meditations involved pour breathing. I did that too.

I will also add some cleansing things that worked when I was happier with the process.

Yes, Jason, I realize that much of this is looking for result but at the same time, if I can't sit up straight it makes the meditation really tough.

Results? My entire body recognized air. More important, looks at Jason, I was actually able to allow thoughts to rise and be dismissed rather than focusing on my physical discomfort. I also didn't feel frustrated that my mind so many distractions took place that there was no recognition. Yesterday, I may as well been holding a conversation as 'meditating'.

For those of you that haven't figured it out yet, I am taking Jason's on-line course. I may as well explain why a ceremonial magician would switch gears like that. I will make a separate post on that sometime this weekend.

No comments: