Monday, November 30, 2020

Mystical Memory

 I use the word communion. Not meditation. When I commune, I am engaging with the universe in a personal way, much like in real life. To my understanding, meditation is a different skill set.

I suppose two or three years have passed since I took Jason Miller’s outstanding course on Hekate. During that course, my communion skills increased to an annoying level. The annoyance was that I would get to a place with great visuals that was obviously communication with otherworldly spirits but the scene would change in an instant. This caused me to forget not only what I was just told but who was doing the telling, the context and location. This was much like waking up knowing you had an important dream but not remembering any part of the experience. Since that time, I have been working on a solution.

About six months ago, I hit on something important. Now, I have a tried and true system for resolving this problem. While this does take some practice, the process is simple to remember.

The first step is paying attention to the location. Notice several objects in the scene. Last night, the objects were furnishings in my what a ceremonial magician would call his astral temple, a table, an object on that table, and the design of the carpet.

The second step is harder. Immediately when one realizes the scene has changed, focus on those objects until one is back in the original space. Do not try to return to the space. Instead, focus only on the objects. When you think of a place you are in that place. Once you have returned to the space, immediately recall everything that led up to the switch.

While I am not going to relate last night’s communion, that may go something like this. I arrived in the temple, the moon was obscured by clouds, a voice emanated from a rock that told me that my attitude regarding my family situation was incorrect. I was told to see only a few facts and then I would see my brother’s perspective. Then I encountered a wispy apparition that floated through the space saying, “See without your eyes, interpret without thoughts.”

I have found it more effective when I focus on repeating everything encountered up to the change in scene at least twice. When I do that, I find myself back in the same place I started and the communion stays on point. When I do not, the rest of the experience is like a dream, disjointed and easily forgotten.

When one is in the same place, the communication doesn’t pick up where it left off. The experience is more akin to leaving a conversation at a cocktail party and then returning. Sometimes, you have to direct things back to when you stepped out in order to catch up.

Last night, during an hour and half communion, I did this around five or six times, maybe more. When I came back to normal consciousness, I recalled four items of interest and immediately wrote them down. As I prepared for bed, I recalled one more that had been on the tip of my memory but I couldn’t quite bring the thought forward. Four of these items were of serious import, one was curious. Recalling four items of import that I could take away from the experience is a huge win.

By focusing on the location and the linear time line of events during the communion time, my memory of events that occur in alternate states of consciousness improves. I would love it if someone reading this that has the same problem would practice this technique and let me know if it worked for them.

 

No comments: