Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened...

Moloch posted something here on evocation. That started a train of thought. I had some issues with what he said. I agreed with other parts of what he said.

I started two posts. The first was about the process of evocation and teaching. The second was about theurgy and thaumaturgy. I didn't finish either.

If you've read the last few day's posts, you've learned I had a special weekend. I experienced a level of unity that I've never before experienced. Last night, I did what I said I would do and chatted with Hermes about how to maintain this peace and unity. He gave me the briefest of visualizations and an understanding of the basic meanings. He hinted at an accompanying mantra but I just can't put it together quite yet.

I thought of that teaching today and it worked. I became joyful, loving and peaceful. I bantered with people in line when I bought some lunch. We laughed like old friends. One was a seventyish old man. The other was the matronly Mexican woman behind the counter. We had a good time.

Theurgy can effect the mundane world in a very positive way.

Funny thing happened, after lunch, simply being aware that I can reach this peace so quickly made the idea of countering Moloch's post boring, pointless and uncomfortable. I deleted both would be posts.

Peace, pretty damn cool.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've very briefly touched on that state a few times in my life. They serve as reminders (as do a fair number of your blog posts) of what I'm working towards.