Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Necessary Destruction

The lesson of the previously posted meditation doesn't jive with the visuals. I knew immediately the lesson but I can't place exactly how I received it. Perhaps there are visual lessons, auditory lessons and lessons of place. Perhaps the very location one is in contains patterns that result in understanding.

In this case, my thought was that all creation involves destruction. Even things we think of as purely creative destroy. If I buy a nice clean brick of clay and use it to make a glorious vase, I first had to destroy the form of the brick.

This is not deeply profound but there is a new level of acceptance and understanding of the process. This is like the difference between intellectual understanding and emotional understanding.

No comments: