Friday, November 21, 2008

Hoodoo Herb and Root Magc

On the advice of Jason Miller, I bought the above named book. At first blush, it appears merely to be a catalog of herbs rather than a how to do hoodoo book. My guess is I'd rather have something in between but don't get me wrong, I will give it a go and move on from there. You have to start somewhere and I appreciate Jason's recommendation.

Yet that is not the point of this post. The first thing I noticed when I picked up the book was that it wasn't a book on ceremonial magick. "Brilliant", you may say, "however did you deduce that, Sherlock?" By feel. To me the book feels 'other'. I could almost see the night. I didn't get a bad or spooking feeling, only a sense of differentness.

The Huson book I railed against, didn't feel this way. Perhaps, the hoodoo egregore affects its book while Huson's does not. I don't know. I merely note the difference.

2 comments:

Jason Miller, said...

Spells recipes and rituals for just about everything in the book man.

Good stuff.

Lavanah said...

oh, this one is way high on my want list...