Sunday, October 19, 2008

Active Listening

Listening is more than taking notes just like magick is more than reading ancient texts. For the listening to matter, we must act. In doing so, we just act with prudence and discernment.

The other day, I was 'told' by something to focus on a ensign from the Enochian table of practice to learn to astral project. Maybe. I made a note of it. Not long ago, I was 'told' by the Tribe of Dan to meditate on a given tarot card. No. The tribe was unruly and I didn't do that ritual properly. I'd have to hear that same instruction from another source before considering following that advice.

Longer ago, I was told to eat more fruit. I did so and didn't notice much of anything. Later, my HGA told me to loose weight because it affected my psychology more than I know. I listened again and he was right. I am much calmer at work and feel better.

I was told by one of the spirits of the book known as Goetia to organize my business affairs better and I wouldn't be on the downside of so many bad companies. Even though my record keeping wasn't the issue, I figured it couldn't hurt. I have done so. So far, so good. I haven't encountered much negativity in that realm recently.

Sometimes the standard is reasonableness. Other times, instinct. You can ask the spirits for lots of information. To not act on it at all is pointless and a waste of their efforts. Frankly, it is disrespectful. To act on everything is just plain foolish and not in a good way. Listen and act but do so carefully.

1 comment:

Rufus Opus said...

bad you're not a Christian, you could test the spirits pretty quick and easy with a requirement to acknowledge Jesus as Lord.