Sunday, August 24, 2008

Mastering Witchcraft

Having read Jason Miller's Reversal and Protection magick, which is now on my recommended reading list, I want to learn more about witchcraft and work with spirits closer to earth. So, I went through Jason's bibliography and choose Mastering Witchcraft by Paul Huson (left). Every day since I ordered the book I'd come home from work hoping my book had arrived along with a copy of Jason's book as a gift to WitchDoctorJoe and his wife. I felt just like I did as a kid looking forward to my sister's birthday because that meant mine was only six weeks away! I am not looking forward to reading this book. I am looking forward to doing magick in a way that is new to me.

The back of the book says Huson received his training from the Society of Inner Light and Stella Matutina. Both organizations have strong Golden Dawn ties. Stella Matutina was formed after the break up of the original Order. It may be overly broad to say Stella Matutina is simply GD under a different name but it would be a fabrication to say that SM is not GD. The Society of Inner Light was formed by Dion Fortune, a member of Stella Matutina under the name Mary Firth.

I am so looking forward to this. But for today...

I have found an angel that is related to my HGA. Today, I plan to conjure said angel and see what she has to say.

I weighed in yesterday and dropped another 2.4 pounds. That puts me at 11.2 pounds gone and over 25% to my goal of losing 41.

2 comments:

yuzuru said...

congratulations on your goal

Robert said...

Thank you. It is good to have these intermediate goals. When you make enough of the little goals, you reach the big one.

Be well.