Monday, April 7, 2008

Between the Gates Update 1

Stavish's first exercise is a meditation. The first step is praying that all your actions of be 'corrected'. Having done a great deal of personal alchemical work, this is not all that difficult for me. The second part is visualizing the sun on one's upper right and the moon on one's upper left sharing energy and combining to form a downward pointing triangle on the forehead/third eye/anja chakra. The two luminaries then flood you with energy while the dross expelled through 'your lower openings'. This visualization is not difficult.

I did this the first time last night. I omitted the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (LBRP), Banishing Ritual of the Hexagram (BRH) and Middle Pillar (MP) exercise I normally do as this book didn't issue said instructions. I was filled with a great deal of energy. I saw great pools of water and other very clear visions that had no immediately definable meaning to me other than the natural correspondences to things watery. When I left my temple space, I found myself mildly disturbed and disoriented.

Today the same exercise didn't have the same intensity but I felt myself very inspired.

I am enjoying Mr. Stavish's writing. While the bulk of information is not new to me at all, he is filling it out with ideas I have not read before. While I can not testify to the effectiveness of the exercises, I am recommending the book for its content and I am barely sixty pages in.

Fr BH

No comments: